*Yes, I am currently accepting new clients!*
Thanks for taking the time to look over what I have to offer to support you. I know there is a lot to consider when looking for a new person to talk to, and I want to make sure you find a great match for you.
I pull from my lived and professional experience to help others connect with their own internal guidance and intuition toward healing. I have spent years working with folks from different backgrounds and ages in the worlds of education and psychotherapy through anything that came their way in the Denver, Colorado and Portland, Oregon areas.
I am LGBTQIA+ allied, I know and affirm that Black lives and Black joy matter, and I am an ally to BIPOC and marginalized communities, and continuously do my own work in my areas of privilege and marginalization so you don’t have to do it for me.
I am likely to be a good fit for you if you are someone who likes a balance of nurturing, compassion and direct communication working through the reality of systemic and individual obstacles in your life. I am ready to act as your anchor as you delve into deep emotions, but I also I find it helpful to bring humor into to play when appropriate, too.
Griefwork is my passion in and outside of the office. Yes, I mean grief in terms of a significant death loss (sudden or anticipated), but also the grief that is so natural when we make or experience any change in our lives.
I am here as a resource to you as you integrate and find new understanding from difficult experiences and emotions. I am also here to celebrate with you as you welcome greater joy into your life. While the true work to be done is yours, I act as a guide and companion along the way. Feel free to reach out and see if I am a good fit for you.
(971) 350-9964 in the Wasco and Tigard offices
(503) 286-7909 (fax)
Specialties include mental and behavioral health support in:
- Grief & Bereavement
- Trauma (anything from your life which has you feeling stuck, whether it happened frequently or was one impactful incident, e.g. for survivors or witnesses of sexual or general violence, deaths of people close to you, difficult birth experiences, medical complications, etc.)
- Life Transitions (from moving, growing up/older, career change or loss, retirement)
- Chronic Illness & Autoimmune Conditions (in conjunction with your medical provider)
- Mindfulness & Meditation
- Identity Formation (including race, gender, orientation, career path
- Women’s Issues
- Young Adult Issues (14yo+)
- Eye Movement Desensitization & Reprocessing (EMDR) for use with trauma, grief, phobias, depression, anxiety (learn more about EMDR in this 10-minute video at https://www.emdria.org/about-emdr-therapy/)
- Mindfulness and Meditation from global perspectives
- Pathfinders individual and/or group to process grief (Curriculum for all ages developed by Judi’s House in Denver, Colorado)
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) techniques to reducing stress, supporting improved impulse control, and finding inner stability
- Attachment focus including family of origin, friendships, and romantic relationships
- Communication skills such as Nonviolent Communication and Love & Logic
- Art therapy techniques for expression and exploration of any emotions and intuition
Be well, talk soon.