We are happy to help you to use your insurance benefits. It is your responsibility to know and understand your benefits.
- First Choice Health Network
Out of Network
- United Health Care/OPTUM
- OHP Plans
We recommend you contact your insurance company to inquire about your mental health benefits:
- Is our clinic a participating provider?
- Do you have mental health benefits both in-network and out-of network?
- What is my deductible?
- How much has my deductible been met so far this year?
- What is my co-pay (per appointment) and/or my co-insurance (%)?
- Do you have an HSA/HRA to use towards the deductible and out-of-pocket expenses?
We can bill as an out-of-network provider with which your clinician is not contracted, for licensed clinicians only. Generally, if you have out-of-network benefits, your co-pay/co-insurance may be slightly higher. When using out-of-network benefits, you pay the full fee amount upfront and we provide you with a superbill to submit to your insurance company.
We offer a sliding scale for those who qualify, please ask.
No Surprises Act
In compliance with the No Surprises Act that went into effect January 1, 2022, all healthcare providers are required to notify clients of their Federal rights and protections against “surprise billing.”
This Act requires that we notify you of your federally protected rights to receive a notification when services are rendered by an out-of-network provider, if a client is uninsured, or if a client elects not to use their insurance.